Monday, March 30, 2009

luke 2:41-52

41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Passover festival. 42 When Jesus was twelve years old, they attended the festival as usual. 43 After the celebration was over, they started home to Nazareth, but Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents didn’t miss him at first, 44 because they assumed he was among the other travelers. But when he didn’t show up that evening, they started looking for him among their relatives and friends.
45 When they couldn’t find him, they went back to Jerusalem to search for him there. 46 Three days later they finally discovered him in the Temple, sitting among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions. 47 All who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers.
48 His parents didn’t know what to think. “Son,” his mother said to him, “why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been frantic, searching for you everywhere.”
49 “But why did you need to search?” he asked. “Didn’t you know that I must be in my Father’s house?”50 But they didn’t understand what he meant.
51 Then he returned to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. And his mother stored all these things in her heart.
52 Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.

This is actually one of my favorite stories about Jesus. It shows us that Jesus was an awesome kid.

I just think that it's cool that even when Jesus was a kid, he was telling people the truth. Not only was he speaking with the religeous teacher, and blowing their minds. He was talking to me, and you. He tells us that we don't need think that Jesus is hiding from us, he is right where we would expect to find him. He asked us,' why are you looking for me, of course im in my fathers house'. Don't think of that, as him talking to Mary and Joseph, think of it as him talking to you. He is asking you, why are you looking, i'm right in front of you.

I really thought about this at ManFest tonight. I was thinking, "There are people in the world who don't know where to find my Jesus, and they hang around with 'Christians'" Just think, we are known as the temple of God, that means that Jesus is found in us. He's not trying to hide. So why is it that people don't know where Jesus is.

I feel like i personaly am slacking off, in a since that i am not showing who Christ is to all the people i hang out with. I am being a pansy, and worring more about what my friends will think of me, rather than telling them the truth.

There is only one way to change the world (which my generation is going to do!!) and thats to reveal Jesus. We are covering Him up, and we wants out. Everyone right now needs to stop hiding my Jesus, including me. And once we do that He will go through our Schools, our workplaces, our homes, and he wont just poke around, he will radically change everything.

So right now i am going to pray that i will have to back bone to show my Jesus to my friends, and not try to contain him.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.



In Christ,

Stewart Ryall

No comments:

Post a Comment